Last Modified: December 16, 2020
Please read the following statement (“Privacy Statement”) to learn about our privacy practices. By signing into Partner Central or visiting Expedia Group Partner Central websites, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you provide to us through the Site or given to us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information“), such as your first and last name, telephone number and postal and email addresses. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer and your online activity when you visit the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address and information about what web browser software you use to access the Site (such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and referring website. Where permitted by local law, we may also automatically collect information you enter into any data fields shown on the Site, including your email address and log-in credentials. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed or bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping to customise your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see the Expedia Group Cookie Statement.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our Site. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about opportunities available to Expedia partners through our Site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information:
- With third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstake programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; or to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, the Site, our customers or others.
- To companies within our corporate family. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your consent.
Other than as set forth above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT
You can correct or “opt-out” of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes. We reserve the right to email you with respect to important notices even if you have requested not to receive emails from us. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with you, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity.
You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to sign up for Partner Central or to take advantage of certain features offered on this Site.
You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails in any such message that we send you. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this Site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site, you will not be able to access portions of our Site.
You can control our use of certain cookies by following the guidance in the Expedia Group Cookie Statement.
USING THE EXPEDIA MOBILE PHONE AND TABLET APPS (THE “MOBILE APPS”)
When you use an Expedia Mobile App, including the Partner Central app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our Site.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Site and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
The Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us here.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed via links included on this Site. You should examine the privacy statements posted on those third-party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
Your rights and choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your personal information, as described below:
- If you have an account with us, you may change your communication preferences by (1) logging in and updating the information in your account or (2) contacting us here.
- You can control our use of certain cookies by following the guidance in the Expedia Group Cookie Statement.
- You can update the accuracy of your information at any time by either logging into your account or contacting us
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional emails, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. You can also log in to your account to change communication settings (not available for all Expedia Group companies) or contact us here. Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from or opt out of marketing emails, we may still send you important transactional and account-related messages from which you will not be able to unsubscribe
- For our mobile apps, you can view and manage notifications and preferences in the settings menus of the app and of your operating system
- If we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before you withdrew consent, and it will not affect our processing of your personal information that is conducted in reliance on a legal basis other than consent
- Request a copy of your personal information
- Request information about the purpose of the processing activities
- Delete your personal information
- Object to our use or disclosure of your personal information
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Opt out of the sale of your personal information
- Port your personal information
- Request information about the logic involved in our automated decision-making that is used in our fraud prevention practices, and the result of such decisions
For more information on what data subject rights may be available to you, please click here.
In addition to the above rights, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. However, we encourage you to contact us first so that we can do our best to resolve your concern. You may submit your request to us using the information in the Contact Us section. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals wanting to exercise their personal data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
International data transfer
The personal information that we process may be transmitted or transferred to countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
The servers for our platform are located in the United States, and the Expedia Group companies and third-party service providers operate in many countries around the world. When we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of those countries.
We have taken appropriate steps and put safeguards in place to help ensure that your personal information remains protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement. For example, any data transfers between our group companies are governed by our intragroup agreements which incorporate strict data transfer terms (including the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses, for transfers from the EEA) and require all group companies to protect the personal information that they process in accordance with applicable data protection law. In addition, certain Expedia Group US affiliates have certified with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as explained below in the 'Privacy Shield' section.
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. The date this Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page and the terms of this Privacy Statement are effective as of that date.
How you can contact us
All notices should be sent to: Expedia Group Att: Lodging Product Marketing, 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle WA 98119
Questions? Visit our Contact Us page.